[Mapserver-users] Please somebody to help me

Roberto_Santinelli Roberto.Santinelli at pg.infn.it
Mon Dec 23 03:14:25 EST 2002

Hi everybody in the list,
right now i finished to compile and install mapserver 3-6-3.
I followed the whole set of instruction in the web page under platform Linux
(RH 7.1).
I launched the mapserv bin under shell (./mapserv and i received the
following "This script can only be used to decode form results and
should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server."
I put the bin in the directory inetpub/cgi-bin and i browsed in the page
receiving as expected the following:
"No query information to decode QUERY STRING is set, nut empty".

Since now it was all OK.

Then i tryied to initialize the program using the attached demo and i received
the following error message:
"msLoadMap():Unknown identifier (SHADESET):(6)"
What's wrong???
This is my first time i use mapserver, and i'm not completly sure of what i'm
doing. Perhaps somebody already mets with this problem and know the solution.

Thanks in advance for your help

Roberto Santinelli
PHD at Perugia University