[Mapserver-users] sub-select

nida Khan nida at webstar.co.uk
Mon Dec 23 05:30:52 EST 2002

Hi Jan,

Thank you so much for pointing me to that document, it really helped me to
understand the way mapserver understand the queries but I'm still stuck with
my problem.

Before I was getting a blank image, After reading the document I created to
indexes one on the geom. other on oid.

now I chaged srid to SRID as well... and this time I got this error

msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. prep_DB:Error executing POSTGIS
DECLARE statement (0.6 failed - retried 0.5 and it failed too). DECLARE
mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'XDR'),OID::text from (select
oid, the_geom from westminster) AS foo USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID=-1 WHERE
the_geom && setSRID('BOX3D(145300 170784,366100 391216)'::BOX3D,
find_srid('','westminsterary','the_geom') )

here is my layer
LAYER # start of the "unitary_boundary" layer object
  CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
  NAME "unitary_boundary"
  CONNECTION "host=127.0.0.1 port=5432 user=postgres password=blah
dbname=test"
  DATA "the_geom from (select oid, the_geom from westminster) AS foo USING
UNIQUE oid USING SRID=-1"
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE LINE
  CLASS