[Mapserver-users] got the demo running

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Dec 30 14:09:27 EST 2002

The query results template in the demo uses a JavaScript
document.write() call to produce this "download GML version" link:

      document.write("<p><a
href=\"[program]?map=[map]&REQUEST=GetFeatureInfo&query_layers=" +
layers.replace(/ /g, ',') +
"&VERSION=1.1.0&x=[img.x]&y=[img.y]&INFO_FORMAT=gml&bbox=" +
bbox.replace(/ /g, ',') +  "\">download GML version</a></p>\n")

The '\' characters are not escaped as '\\' the way they should be in a
JavaScript string, that's why they disappear in the resulting URL.

Change your config to use forward slashes ('/') in your map path, i.e.
"c:/mapserver_demos/itasca/demo.map"   This will work fine on Windoze
and will work around this JavaScript issue.

Daniel