[mapserver-users] Undefined Symbol in mapScript.php example

Stefano Bonnin shpr at libero.it
Mon Jan 7 03:09:10 EST 2002

Hi,

i have just installed mapserver with mapscript.

I compiled Apache 1.3.22 with PHP 4.0.6 and then I compiled Mapserver
with --with-php option.

Now, php works well.

When I try to load mapscript.php example (the example with dl() and
phpinfo() functions) i get the following error on the browser output:

Warning: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so' -
/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so: undefined symbol:
PQconnectdb in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mapscript.php on line 21

(the browser moreover display the phpinfo() output)

I don't know if my problem is clear, I hope that somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Stefano B.