[mapserver-users] attribute query problems in 3.5

Jensen, Hannah ERDC-CRREL-NH Hannah.Jensen at erdc.usace.army.mil
Tue Jan 8 10:02:38 EST 2002

Hello.  I'm trying to do an itemnquery to select US states and territories
by FIPS code from a shapefile containing unprojected data.  It seems to work
fine for most states but has trouble with some islands.  For example, Puerto
Rico works, but Guam doesn't, Hawaii works, but the US Virgin Islands don't.
Seems like this should be a data problem, but so far I haven't found
anything wrong there.  Plus, this worked fine in version 3.4 with the same
data.  Any ideas what could be going wrong?  As always, any help is much
appreciated.

Here's an example URL and map file excerpt:
http://myhost/cgi-bin/mapserv35?map=../stuff/efilters.map&mapext=shapes&mode
=itemnquerymap&qlayer=qstates&state=06

LAYER
  NAME qstates
  DATA /data/stuff/usstates
  TYPE polygon
  STATUS on
  FILTERITEM "ST"
  FILTER "%state%"
  LABELITEM "ST_NAME"
  CLASS
    SYMBOL 'circle'
    OUTLINECOLOR 100 100 100
    SIZE 2
  END
  TEMPLATE state_query.html
END

Cheers,
Hannah

Hannah Jensen
(603) 646-4145
Remote Sensing / GIS Center
Cold Regions Research and Engineering Lab (CRREL)
US Army Corps of Engineers
72 Lyme Rd, Hanover, NH 03755-1290