[mapserver-users] Feature Info Query on 3.5

Trem Stamp trem at socialchange.net.au
Tue Jan 8 18:31:03 EST 2002

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if mapserv 3.5 currently supports a feature query that can return xml, gml or html.  Last time I tried it just returned a text file with all attributes?  Are there currently any other INFO_FORMAT types for returning data.

     http://maps-dev.socialchange.net.au/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=mapfiles/environmental.map&WMTVER=1.0.0&SRS=EPSG%3A4202&REQUEST=feature_info&LAYERS=estates&QUERY_LAYERS=estates&BBOX=140.08099999999996%2C-39.1493%2C154.753%2C-24.4773&WIDTH=400&HEIGHT=400&STYLES=&X=283&Y=234&INFO_FORMAT=MIME

Does anyone know if this capability is close to completion or buried under the many other enhancements I know are being worked hard upon?

The other question I have is regarding the attributes that are returned from a feature query.  I know the template page used can define what is returned.   I haven't been able to test this as it appeared that the feature query in 3.5 just returned a list of attributes no matter what the template looks like.  Is the template functionality available to define presentation or is this due to be done in parallel with the format return type?

Cheers,

Trem