[mapserver-users] request help with projection

David Armstrong david.armstrong at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 9 10:01:10 EST 2002

Could someone on the list confirm if i have this correct :-

I need to use projection using 2 layers , one being my map and the other
being my gps , the gps unit is fixed in WGS84 and the datum etc cannot be
changed , and i am trying to overlay my gps layer on the map.

the map i have is :-
NAD_1927_Stateplane_Texas_South_Central_Fips_4204

Looking this up i belive the map layer  projection should be

PROJECTION
proj=lcc
datum=NAD27
END

and the gps layer  should be

WGS84 Decimal Degrees (EPSG 4326)
PROJECTION
   proj=latlong
   ellps=wgs84
END

Should i just be able to set the output map to the same as the map layer for
correct use !

any help appriciated , this problem is cracking me up !

Regards
Dave