[mapserver-users] Grouping of layers in WMS mapserver

thorsten fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Thu Jan 10 10:16:42 EST 2002

Ladies and gentlemappers,

We have a OGC compliant mapserver up and running. Now there is demand
for the following feature:

There is the GROUP keyword for mapserver layers that makes it possible
to gather several layers under a single name. Thus the group can be
addressed as a single layer, and all its features can be turned on and
off at once.

Is there a similar feature for mapserver's OGC compliance? That means,
is there a keyword that makes several layers to be represented as a
single layer? I tried to change/remove the layers' names (error if
missing, getting enumerated with _01, _02 etc. when being the same)
or to change wms_title (when several layers have the same wms_title,
only the last one in the mapfile gets displayed; when having none, an
error comment appears in the capabilities XML, but we rely on it being
there).

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

thorsten

Thorsten Fischer        thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102