[mapserver-users] WMS - online resource URL question

Debbie Pagurek pagurekd at em.agr.ca
Mon Jan 14 11:13:50 EST 2002

I'd like to replace the map= part of my URL using the directions outlined in the "More About the Online Resource URL" section at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/wms-server-howto.html#onlineresourceurl

This URL works:
http://linuxgurrl.agr.ca/cgi-bin/mapserver/mapserv?map=/home/httpd/htdocs/mapdata/eco/ecolinux.map&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetMap

According to the directions, here's the shell script I'm using:

shell script called mapeco.sh

wmseco=/home/httpd/htdocs/mapdata/eco/ecolinux.map
export wmseco
/home/httpd/cgi-bin/mapserver

what needs to be changed in ecolinux.map?  Is this what wms_onlineresource should look like?
#    "wms_onlineresource"  "http://linuxgurrl.agr.ca/cgi-bin/mapserver/mapeco.sh?"

What is the proper URL to use to access my application via WMS?
http://linuxgurrl.agr.ca/cgi-bin/mapserver/mapeco.sh?VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetMap

I'm using a Linux server. I'm getting an "Internal Server Error".

I'd appreciate any help I can get,
thanks in advance.

D. Pagurek