[mapserver-users] Mapscript - showing polygons

Jim Burnett jimburnett at ntelos.net
Mon Jan 14 11:53:11 EST 2002

OK,
How do I use a class epxression to get a polygon, or shape from a shapefile? I can't use the shape files index number because we change the maps and information daily so there is no way to keep the indexes in sync. Adding an auto-increment number just doesnt cut it, especially when there is no way of telling in which order it will add them. Plus there maybe null, or diferent number fo records compaired to number of indexs in the shapegfile.

-jim-