[mapserver-users] Expression statement (FWD)

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Mon Jan 14 16:36:32 EST 2002

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 16:58:06 +0000
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
From: "Stephen D. King" <s.d.king at abdn.ac.uk>
Subject: Expression statement

Hi,

I am trying to get mapserver to display classes from one shapefile -
without success - I just get a blank image. I can get it to display the
shapefile without the class divisions.

The shapefile is called Gr_nhs.shp

It is divided up into 23 classes. Each class takes its value from the
Grid_code attribute field. -9999 is unknown, the remaining values are from
1-22

In my map file, the layer definition is as follows:

LAYER
	NAME Gr_nhs
	TYPE POLYGON
	STATUS DEFAULT
	DATA Gr_nhs
	CLASSITEM "Grid_code"

CLASS
	Name "Unknown"
	EXPRESSION ([Grid_code] eq -9999)
	COLOR 210 275 25
END
END
END # Map file

I have tried various combinations for the expression - can anyone help?

Thanks,

Stephen