[mapserver-users] Dynamic generated layer?

Twan Kogels twan at twansoft.com
Fri Jan 18 12:29:12 EST 2002

Frank,

> > Is it possible to have the orginal towns layer and on top of that a
> dynamic
> > generated layer of the search result?
>
>This can easily be acheived by using a seperate layer definition for the
>search, with "STATUS OFF" in the map file. Activating this layer
>explicitely and setting filter etc. will result in the functionality you
>need.

That's a really easy solution! I will implement your solution.

Just for curiousity: i saw that mapscript allows me to create a layer with
the ms_newLayerObj() function. When using this function to create a layer,
will there be a performance hit? Or is creating a layer with mapscript just
as efficient as a layer in a .map file.

Thanks!
Twan

--