[mapserver-users] Combine Layers of Different Unit Systems (FWD)

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jan 21 13:56:26 EST 2002

Make sure it is configured in via ldconfig, you can check with:

[woodbri at linus]$ /sbin/ldconfig -v | grep gdal
        libgdal.1.1.so => libgdal.1.1.so
/sbin/ldconfig: can't create /etc/ld.so.cache~ (Permission denied)

if it is not listed like above then run ldconfig as root.

Also check the permissions:

[woodbri at linus]$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/libgdal.1.1.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      2532945 Dec  5 23:23
/usr/local/lib/libgdal.1.1.so

If this doesn't fix the problem then you most likely need to set the
output projection to that of the TIFF file and then specify an input
projection for the layer with the GPS shape in it, but I'm not sure of
all the details.

-Steve