[mapserver-users] problem with mapserver 3.5 demo. (FWD)

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jan 22 09:09:10 EST 2002

I did commit PNG versions to the CVS this morning and will try to roll
out a new demo distribution this morning.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "Tyler Mitchell" <TMitchell at lignum.com> 01/21/02 12:08 PM >>>
Can we just add a PNG version of symbols and reference map files into
the
demo?  Having to go with this patch is a big hurdle for newcomers and is
really more than most need to do.
----- Forwarded by Tyler Mitchell/Lignum on 01/21/2002 10:06 AM -----

                    Stephen

                    Woodbridge            To:     Tyler Mitchell
<TMitchell at lignum.com>
                    <woodbri at swoodb       cc:     teb
<teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu>, fgclaram at alu-ab.uclm.es,
                    ridge.com>
mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu

                                          Fax to:

                    01/21/2002            Subject:     Re:
[mapserver-users] problem with mapserver 3.5 demo. (FWD)
                    09:27 AM

Tyler et al,

The issue of GD supporting GIFs has come up many times before. You can
get a patch that will add gif support to GD if you want it check the
list archives. There is obviously a licensing issue using GIFs that
everyone has to decide how you want to deal with on you own basis.

-Steve

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Oh how familiar :)  I was just combating the same problem last night.
If

mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
fgclaram at alu-ab.uclm.es