[mapserver-users] Free Map Symbols

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at ERC.MsState.Edu
Wed Jan 23 16:44:17 EST 2002

Yes I would very much like to see these, since the issue of map symbols
has come up I would like to ask a question:

I am drawing a triange symbol, an example is given for this on:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/symbolset.html#line
it goes like this:
points: Signifies the start of the definition of points that make up a
vector symbol or that define the x and y radius of an ellipse
        symbol. Here's an example that defines a simple triangle vector
symbol:

             POINTS
             0 4
             2 0
             4 4
             0 4
             END
If you draw a line through these points you get an inverted triangle, but
it draws a normal triangle. (Even if you go up from bottom to up you get
the same results)
I tried the following and got an inverted triangle!
      0 0
      1 1
      2 0
      0 0
Can anybody explain the logic behind this?
Thanks,
> Does anyone have a good resource for free cartographic map symbols that can
> be used w/ mapserver?
>
> Kind regards,-matt

PUSHKAR S. PRADHAN
Research Assistant