[mapserver-users] Suggestions about Mapserver Presentation

LBallard at YesVirginia.org LBallard at YesVirginia.org
Mon Jan 28 09:50:29 EST 2002

http://gis.vedp.org/downloads/vagis2001mapserver.ppt

I'm not positive it's 100% correct but.... it might help you.  I gave it a
few months ago at a GIS conference.

Lowell Ballard
Unix/Database Administrator
Virginia Economic Development Partnership
901 E. Byrd St., Richmond, Va. 23218
http://gis.vedp.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodrigo Cabral [mailto:cabral at yadata.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2002 2:51 PM
To: v at w.cl; mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: Re: [mapserver-users] Suggestions about Mapserver Presentation

I made a presentation on a Project we are working on that uses MapServer,
Oracle Spatial (SDO) and Linux. Anyway, I described in a picture (attached)
how the layers of technology (all I could think of, including MapServer)
interact in a HTTP request. Maybe you could use the idea, improve it, etc.

By the way, the "mapserver-users" might be interested in the end result of
your presentation. Will you be publishing it in the web?

Regards,

Rod.