[mapserver-users] missing __init__ in python mapscript (fwd)

trussell at mtcsc.com trussell at mtcsc.com
Mon Jan 28 21:36:30 EST 2002

Norman,

I actually found another script that you posted on the mapserver list that
simply builds mapscriptcmodule.so from mapscript_wrap.c and config.c from
the python distribution. I was able to modify it and successfully build
python mapscript. However, Python still complains about the missing __init__
function when I go to import it.

Since I was able to successfully build a working python extension using the
method from Beazley's book, I would like to explore the possibility of
editing Setup so that it works for a large project like Mapserver. Any
pointers would be appreciated.

Tom