[mapserver-users] MS3.5 for Win2K with Postgis

Pericles S. Nacionales pnaciona at gis.umn.edu
Wed Jan 30 13:36:16 EST 2002

Nicolas,

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, jrom wrote:

> Perry,
> Thanx a lot for your reactivity !
>
> I tried the binaries you provided, It works on windows 2000 with postgis
> !

Thanks!  Good to know it works.  I run into problems with mappostgis.c,
crapping out and giving the "BIG_ENDIAN/LITTLE_ENDIAN" error message.  I
got around it by copying the Cygwin param.h header into MSVC's include/sys
directory and editing mappostgis.c.  There might be another way to go
around this but it needs to be fixed permanently.

> Your mapserv.exe is much bigger than the one I compiled yesterday
> (680KB/2.4 Mb).
> I must have missed an important step in the compilation, or maybe the
> libpq.dll was not accessible from apache (mine was not in the
> winnt/system32 folder).

I compiled with static library support, except for zlib and libpq (hence
the need for the dlls).  I tried linking GDAL/OGR and PROJ.4 libs
dynamically but I get lots of error messages.

> I'm interested in the compilation how-to on windows, though Linux is our
> prefered way to run mapserver and postgis.

There are already compilation how-to's for Unix (and Linux) and Windows
but I'll add the bit about compiling PostGIS support on Windows.  Yup,
I'll add that to my ever expanding to-do list. :)

> Regards,
> Nicolas Ribot
> SCOT.

Ciao!
Perry N.

PS: Is you app available for public browsing?  We ought to update the good
old MapServer gallery.