[mapserver-users] Reading MapServer output as a theme in Arcview

Vinko Vrsalovic v at w.cl
Wed Jul 3 11:17:00 EDT 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 07:25:50PM -0800, Paul Ramsey wrote:

> As in using it as an "Internet Map Server" data source in Arc8? You will
> need an ArcIMS emulator for that...
> http://postgis.refractions.net/download.php

That was my point, your ArcIMS emulator is written in mapscript with
some add ons :-).

BTW, I'm planning to integrate two applications i've developed in the
past, one in VB and MapObjects and other in Mapserver/Mapscript. The VB
is able to manipulate shapes and do some calculations on them and
interact with a linux box in terms of sending commands for it to execute.
The MS application is basically a display and query application.

I thought it would be nice to make the image produced in MS available
for editing in the VB application. What is the desirable approach for this?
following WMS is a must i presume... what other features and/or requirements
can you think would be desirable?

Thanks,
--
V. <v at w.cl>