[mapserver-users] Re: MapServer source/architecture documentation (was: [mitab] Using MITAB to write SVG)

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Sun Jul 7 14:39:49 EDT 2002

Paul Selormey wrote:

> Hello Daniel,
> As a developer on the MapServer, do you have any documentation on
> the architecture or the sources in general?
>
> I always try to grep here and there and before I get deep, another project
> takes the time.

Hi Paul,

I don't think there is much except the comments in the code, and the
user documentation which can tell you a lot about the way things work
internally.

However, one of our developers used Doxygen a few months ago to
automagically generate a set of mapserver source code documentation
(based on MapServer 3.5 source).  The result is quite impressive, and
even includes nice little class diagrams.  I've placed a copy online at:
 http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/mapserver-src-dox/

I'm sure other MapServer developers would be interested by the dox
above, or may have other documents to contribute, so I'll CC: this to
the mapserver-users list. (I apologize for the crossposting to those who
read both lists)

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca