[mapserver-users] MapServer Compilation with GDAL Problems

Richard Greenwood rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Jul 8 17:20:23 EDT 2002

At 01:50 PM 7/8/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>You see the example that you sent me with 6 lines; the one with lines 2 &
>3 are set to 0.0000000
>
>Well, instead of having both of those lines to 0.000000, I have two values
>to put in there.  For example, here is a copy of an image in my data set:
>
>0.0096049040073729
>0.014511427005632
>0.014511427005632
>-0.0096049040073729
>626162.80392977
>3989904.0152175
>
>I have been told the rotation values (lines 2 & 3) are measured in radians.
>
>Can you please tell me if MapServer automatically rotates the image based
>on this world file data using just the GD library and not the GDAL library?
>
>Or am I confused?

You are correct in that lines 2 & 3 specify a rotation. And I am pretty
sure you need GDAL to do this. (I will forward this message to there
MapServer list where there are others who are much more knowledgeable than
myself). GDAL is an excellent asset to MapServer and well worth the effort
of getting it installed and compiled into the MapServer executable. Maybe
you could provide a little more detail on your compile sequence and
associated errors.

If you do not want to use GDAL, you could pre-process your imagery so that
the rotation parameters (lines 2 & 3) are zero, and then use standard
MapServer raster support.

Rich

>Thank you very much for your information.
>
>Respectfully:
>IML
>

>>I do not understand what sort of rotation you need. Can you explain it more?

>>Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
>>(307) 733-0203
>>Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
>>www.GreenwoodMap.com