[mapserver-users] Python Mapscript MS 3.6.1

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 11 08:15:36 EDT 2002

Vinko Vrsalovic wrote:
> Thanks a lot! The warnings from swig didn't disappear (as expected), but were
> irrelevant to the working of the module (as expected too), now I'm happily coding in
> PyMapScript :-)
>
> BTW, Vine's script is very useful in installing the module.
>
> (Why isn't mapscript.i fixed in the official distribution? Should i send
> the fixed file to Steve?)

Vinko,

The mapscript.i file is fixed in CVS.  Python MapScript isn't as actively
maintained as Perl or PHP MapScript so it can be easily messed up in some
releases.  In short, I don't think you need to send in patches unless there
is going to be a 3.6.2 release.

I have also committed Norman Vine's setup.py script to CVS though I find it
takes quite a bit of hand editing to build and install for different sets of
build options.  It would be nice for it to pick up more information about the
MapServer build from the configure output at some point, but that isn't high on
my priority list.

Best regards,