[mapserver-users] DGN files Template usage

T.F. van den Berg t.f.vandenberg at larenstein.nl
Fri Jul 12 03:25:43 EDT 2002

Hi Anwar,
Take a look at dgnlib (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dgnlib/ ) and gdal
lists at yahoo. It depends on what type of attributes you want to display;
if dgn generic (type, level, colorindex weigth, style, graphicgroup) (or
TEXT) you're okay (same as any OGR file type using current binary
mapserver/gdal117 releases). If user defined and stored in a database you
will have to get the gdal/ogr cvs code (http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/)
and compile it with mapserver yourself. I've compiled gdal from cvs (without
mapserver) and using ogrinfo was able to retrieve entitynum & mslink values.
However on elements with multiple entitynum & mslink values (for both
feature and attribute tables) it would come up with the first pair it could
find. A full database query would not yet be possible. It took me quite a
while to accomplish since I had to learn all about cygwins etc.. but soon I
will try and compile with mapserver.
Thomas