[mapserver-users] Can't run MapServer Demo

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Mon Jul 15 12:29:01 EDT 2002

Hello cracks,

I'm new to running MapServer. Maybe a simple question:

I'm running mapserver 3.6 on a win 2k machine with apache webserver. I
downloaded the demo-project, tested the mapserver CGI application - it
works fine. But I don't get the demo running. Looking to the apache
error-log, it says, that the graphic-files of my map project don't exist:

[Mon Jul ...] File does not exist: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/itasca/[scalebar]
[Mon Jul ...]  File does not exist: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/itasca/[img]
[Mon Jul ...]  File does not exist: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/itasca/[ref]
[Mon Jul ...]  File does not exist: c:/inetpub/wwwroot/itasca/[legend]

Maybe the problem is, that running the demo_init.html file, I'm prompted
to download the file or start it from the directory. Choosing "starting
from ..." it returns a warning. When I ignore it, I think the
mapserv.exe is executed but the demo-project (demo.html) isn't opened
automatically.

I also installed the libwww.dlls but didn't install the gd graphics
library. Do I have to?

Many thanks in advance!