[mapserver-users] CGI Error

Martin Weinelt mweinelt at planiglobe.com
Wed Jul 17 04:10:04 EDT 2002

Simon Kirkness on  17 Juli 2002 05:21:

> > Hi all,
>
> I am trying to create a perl script to display points on a map and am
> getting the following error
>
> Can't locate mapscript.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/perl/lib
> C:/perl/site/lib .) at C:\Inetpub\scripts\mapsightings.pl line 12.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Inetpub\scripts\mapsightings.pl
> line 12.
>
> Any ideas?

Simon,

the @INC array holds the places where your perl installation
stores modules/packages. Type perl -V and and the content
of @INC will be printed out (among other things).

Usually the 'perl Makefile.pl - make - make install ' takes care of this
aspect with installin new packages. Did the installation print out any
error messages?

If for any reason the installtion process does not place the package
where perl looks, you can always add the actual place of the package
to @INC (as one of the first lines in your script).

Cheers, martin