[mapserver-users] Installation problem under RedHat 7.3

Alex Rice alex_rice at arc.to
Thu Jul 18 03:23:38 EDT 2002

On Wednesday, July 17, 2002, at 12:20  PM, Jim Butcher wrote:

> Everything seems to configure fine, however.....  during make I get the
> following errors:
>
> /root/downloads/gdal-1.1.7/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts.a(ogrpgdatasource.
> o): In function `OGRPGDataSource::CreateLayer(char const *,
> OGRSpatialReference *, OGRwkbGeometryType, char **)':
> ogrpgdatasource.o(.text+0x8e1): undefined reference to `PQexec'

I've never installed it on linux, but I have messed about with PgSQL a
fair amount. I also am not certain sure this is going to help. But your
plea was desperate, so...

I am guessing that your libpq (the PostgreSQL C client library) is
missing or corrupted. I would try following:  make sure that
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config exists, and run it to find out where it
thinks it's libraries should live:

# /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_config --libdir
(output = /usr/local/pgsql/lib, or maybe somewhere else on linux?)

See what's in /usr/local/pgsql/lib (you should have libpq in there)

On Linux, you can run "ldconfig -v" to see your current libraries
configuration. If libpq is not in that listing (ldconfig -v | grep pq)
then you need to edit ldconfig.conf (sp?) and rerun ldconfig -v to make
sure it's picking it up.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alex_rice at arc.to
alrice at swcp.com