[mapserver-users] Querying an external database

Alessandro Cadeddu acadeddu at crs4.it
Thu Jul 18 08:18:30 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'd like to build an application which allow the user to query an external database, for example querying the attribute table in MySQl or Access
database, and gets a list of ID. Then I need to query the shapefile to highlight all the returned ID.

How can I do this?
How can I link the returned ID from the external database with the shapefile ID?
How can I query the shapefile and highlight the results in PHP/MapScript ?
Can anyone send me an example?

Thanks very much

  Alessandro Cadeddu            E-mail: acadeddu at crs4.it
  CRS4 - GIS
  Sesta Strada Ovest              Phone: +39 070 2796.293
  Z.I. Macchiareddu
  C.P. 94 - 09010 Uta (CA), Italy