[mapserver-users] [OT] which browsers support PNGs?

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Thu Jul 18 21:57:30 EDT 2002

On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 07:28  PM, Alex Rice wrote:

> I figure I'm not the first person on this list to run into this
> question :-)
>
> I'm writing a PHP sniffer script for determining PNG or JPEG image type
> support, which then redirects to map server using map_imagetype=in the
> query string.
>
> So far the only current browser that doesn't support PNG, is Mac OS
> Internet Explorer. What [..]

hmmmm... I use IE 5.x and it displays PNG just fine. There is something
weird though... if you tried to open a PNG file directly it will
complain saying it doesn't know how... however, if the PNG is part of an
html page loaded via regular http then IE shows it just fine. I run
Mapserver 3.5 on my iBook with PNG support only.

works.

pk/