[mapserver-users] cgi, fastcgi or apache module?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Jul 19 12:47:11 EDT 2002

I was thinking that an abstracted version of PHP/Mapscript could handle
this nicely. PHP already does persistent connections, so some work
around allowing PHP/Mapscript to use existing resource allocators to
grab the connection objects from the PHP system would allow Mapserver
apps to take advantage. PHP can be a great little application server,
all the infrastructure is already there. Regardless of whether FastCGI
or PHP or a module approach is taken though, the basic thread-safety
issues have to be resolved, as Daniel has noted.

P.

--
      __
     /