[mapserver-users] MapServer-3.6.2's compile error in Win32

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 19 13:22:14 EDT 2002

Hisaji ONO wrote:

>  I've tried to compile MapServer 3.6.2, available from DM Solutions FTP
> site,  on NT 4.0 SP6a.

>  So I copied 3.6.1's "mapparser.h", "mapparser.c" into 3.6.2.  And
> re-make.

Those files (and maplexer.c) are generated by bison and flex and are
usually included in the source distribution when Steve prepares them
since the bison/flex tools are not easily accessible on Windows.

I had forgotten to generate and include those files when I prepared the
3.6.2 tarball, but I've added them to the mapserver-3.6.2.tar.gz on our
download site a few minutes ago.

For those who may be wondering what's going on with 3.6.2 or if they
missed the announcement of a 3.6.2 release, here's the scoop: 3.6.2
contains only fixes/changes required by the MapLab suite of PHP tools
(http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/webtools/maplab/), but none of the changes
justify an upgrade from 3.6.1 to 3.6.2 for regular users... that's why
we didn't bother announcing this release or updating the UMN website.

So unless you use the MapLab tools, most users can either use 3.6.1 or
3.6.2 and will have the same level of stability and the same features.

Best Regards,

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca