[mapserver-users] MS 3.6 System Configuration

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jul 19 13:45:12 EDT 2002

Alexander Pucher wrote:

> I'm planning to upgrade to MS 3.6 the next days.
>
> Could someone give me a list of version-nubers, that guarantee a running
> system:
>
> I will use SuSE Linux 8.0!

You might find the following instructions useful even if they don't
match your OS exactly:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScriptRH72

> -Apache

Any version will work since we use PHP as a CGI

> -PHP

PHP 4.2.1 compiled as a CGI, see
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScriptCGI

> -PostgreSQL
> -PostGIS

Postgres 7.2.1 with postgis 0.7.1 are known to work well with MapServer

> -GD

GD 1.8.4 (or any version after 1.6)

> -Mapserver
> -PHP/Mapscript

3.6.1 or 3.6.2

> -Rosa
> -Maplett

These don't matter... they're client-side and don't change often
anyway.  Just keeep in mind that Java applets support only GIF or JPEG
images.

> etc. etc.

If you want to read from various raster or vector data files (other than
shapefiles and TIFF) then you may want to compile/install GDAL 1.1.7.

> -PROJ4

Get the latest version from http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/ and make
sure you also install the proj-nad27-1.1.tar.gz datum shifting files.

> Would be great to have such an overview, not only for me, but also at
> the MapServer Documentation Pages.

Please feel free to create a "step by step SUSE compilation" page in the
Wiki, like I did for the RH72 instructions above.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca