[mapserver-users] Tweeking the scalebar

Ryan, Adam ARyan at co.linn.or.us
Mon Jul 22 18:33:11 EDT 2002

Dear List,

I can't make an embedded scalebar come out accurately at many scales.

I've played with my RESOLUTION and the SCALEBAR_SIZE, but I can only get it
to work for certain scales.  For instance, a resolution of 96 and a scale
bar size of 432 with 4 intervals will show four 100 foot intervals for
1":100',200' and 300'.  Then it gives intervals of 410 and 510, but for
1000,2000 etc.. it's fine.

I need to be able to print the image and measure items on the hard copy
using a ruler.  The problem is that the size of the scalebar includes the
trailing text: "1000 feet".  Is there a way around this?

Thanks to all...

Adam