[mapserver-users] Oracle Spatial support on 64-bit machines (C help needed)

Bjarni Pjetursson Bjarni.Pjetursson at tietoenator.com
Thu Jul 25 06:55:30 EDT 2002

Hi group,
this is a follow-up on an earlier post regarding coredump crash running
mapserver on HP-UX 64 bit compiled with Gnu CC.

The source compiles ok with Oraclespatial support, but when adding an Oracle
layer it crashes.

I've located the problem to line 280 - 288 in maporaclespatial.c, where it
seems that the OCI call OCIEnvCreate don't like the first parameter. If I
cast the parameter "&layerinfo" to "(void *)layerinfo", mapserver don't
crash anymore but instead it says:
msOCIConnect() in msOracleSpatialLayerOpen(): OracleSpatial error.

Since I'm not a C / C++ expert, I'm pretty lost here...

Regards
Bjarni Thor Pjetursson