[mapserver-users] Classifying layers from data in a DB

Vinko Vrsalovic vinko at cprsig.cl
Thu Jul 25 11:28:55 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 11:12:14AM -0400, Lowell.Filak wrote:
> Usually the simplest is the best to start with.
> If you already have a way to do option 1 that would result in all the data
> being in a single file/place and would cut down on the number of places
> where things could break. After that is working you could do option 2 or
> use mapscript to access the Oracle db directly if the Oracle db is where
> things are updated.

Can I directly through mapscript classify layers from data not present
in the shapefile? With what methods must i experiment with?

I'm already using Mapscript, but i thought (or didn't see how) to
classify from data sets not present in the shapefile.

If that's possible, I'd be very relieved! :-)

Thanks,

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <vinko[|- at -|]cprsig.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl