[mapserver-users] PHP 4.2.2 and MapScript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jul 25 17:07:33 EDT 2002

Hi Chip,

FYI the e-matters advisory seemed to say that this vulnerability can
hardly be exploited on windoze, we still take this issue seriously and
will upgrade the dlls, but that's why this was less of a priority for
us:

 "On the IA32 architecture (aka. x86) it is not possible to control
  what will end up in the uninitialised struct because of the stack
  layout. All possible code paths leave illegal addresses within the
  struct and PHP will crash when it tries to free them. "

Daniel