[mapserver-users] PostGIS and Temporary Tables

Homme Zwaagstra hrz at geodata.soton.ac.uk
Fri Jul 26 09:34:42 EDT 2002

Hi List,

I get the following error

Warning: MapServer Error in msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes(): prep_DB:Error
executing POSTGIS DECLARE statement (0.6 failed - retried 0.5 and it
failed too).

when I try and retrieve data from a temporary PostgreSQL table using
PostGIS (i.e. in the mapfile: DATA "geometry from temp_table").

I'm using MapServer version 3.5 (with INPUT=POSTGIS) with PostGIS 0.7
and PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96.

This is exactly the same error that is returned when I try and
retrieve data from a view. Are the two errors related and how would I
go about solving them? I think a patch I read about would enable me to
implement a workaround
(http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2002-May/001014.html)
but where can I get it from?

To those in the know, thanks in advance for any help!

Homme Zwaagstra.