[mapserver-users] New versions of LandView...

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jul 29 21:08:39 EDT 2002

Hence the DHTML version. If I download a brand new version of the
Microsoft Virtual Machine and tell IE not to use the Sun JVM (advanced
options) then all is well for me. Actually both versions work quite
nicely in IE 6.0. Thanks for confirmation though...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 04:37:57PM -0500, Steve Lime wrote:
> place to the left or above the image. The DHTML version works with IE
6+
> (I don't have 5 laying around), Netscape 6.2+ (dunno about earlier
> versions) and Mozilla 1+. The old mapplet applet has been tweaked (and
> renamed jbox.java) to match the interface for the DHTML code (dbox.js)
> so you can do most of the same stuff with either with the same code.
> Please see:
>
>   Java: http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/landview.html

Just tried both versions, the DHTML works very nicely, but the Java one
crashed the browser, the window just closed after the applet finished

Sun JVM 1.3.1_02

HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET
CLR 1.0.3705)

(ie, IE6 with .NET framework in XP Pro)

--
Vinko Vrsalovic <vinko[|- at -|]cprsig.cl>
http://www.cprsig.cl