[mapserver-users] GD/Freetype Problem (was: No Image Output)

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jul 30 00:31:47 EDT 2002

Freetype configuration seems screwed up to me. If you have 2.0 and 1.3
on the same box it's difficult to compile against 1.3 even if you try
and force it. I finally gave up with 1.3 on my Linux box (RH 7.0) and am
developing against 2.0. Might you have multiple versions of Freetype
installed? Just an idea.

I think we should consider changing the behavior in configure...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
Alexander Pucher wrote:

> checking for gdImageStringFT in -lgd... yes
> checking for gdImageString16 in -lgd... yes
> checking for gdImageGifPtr in -lgd... yes
>         using GD ( -DUSE_GD_GIF -DUSE_GD_PNG -DUSE_GD_JPEG
-DUSE_GD_WBMP
> -DUSE_GD_FT -DGD_HAS_GDIMAGEGIFPTR) from system libs.
> checking whether we should include PDF support...
>
> According to the MapServer Unix HOWTO, I should not get DUSE_GD_FT but
> DUSE_GD_TTF, when building with Freetype1 !!!

Hummm... you're correct that we would expect to see -DUSE_GD_TTF for
freetype 1.3, that's odd... I checked on one of our servers and I get
the same -DUSE_GD_FT as you with freetype1.3 and my truetype fonts work
well, so I would suggest that you continue with your build... it's
probably going to work.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca