[mapserver-users] editing shp files

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Tue Jul 30 14:07:16 EDT 2002

FYI
I can't seem to find docs about using shptree under the documents section
of the mapserver web site (did I miss them).  But I did find it on the
mapserver wiki page: http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ShpTree

                      "Lowell.Filak"
                      <lfilak at medinaco.org>               To:       David Turover <dturover at student.santarosa.edu>
                      Sent by:                            cc:       <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      owner-mapserver-users at lists.        Fax to:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  Re: [mapserver-users] editing shp files

                      07/30/2002 09:31 AM

In the directory where mapserver was compiled you should see a shptree
executable that will create the indexes needed/used by mapserver.
Lowell