[mapserver-users] Display GeoTIFF raster data

Stefan Stern mail2stern at gmx.net
Wed Jul 31 10:11:56 EDT 2002

Hi all,

First thanks for all your sugestions!

I created 3 subset image from my dataset [unsing ENVI]:
1)  .BMP with an additional world file [.wld]
2) .TIF 8bit grey with an additional world file [.wld]
3) .PNG

Unfortunately all files didn't work out (appeared in mapserver).
So I guess the error is in my mapfile, which looks pretty equal to
the tutorial one  [in my eyes ;-)].

##################### myfile.map #####################
NAME URGENT
EXTENT 266341.5 191854.5  267340.5 192853.5
#grid is ordonance survey GB
SIZE 300 300
SHAPEPATH "/home/.../data"

LAYER # Raster
  NAME "casi"
  DATA "subset_1000_1000_white.tif"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
END#layer end

END # end of map file

I inserted each file (.tif, .png, .bmp) and none was displayed.

What do I miss out?

Thanks and Regards,
Stefan