[mapserver-users] Mapserver crashing

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 31 11:51:02 EDT 2002

Anders Knudstrup Hansen LE34 wrote:
> Hello again...
>
> I'm having trouble with the projection object....
> Below is what I have in my map file, but mapserver crashes everytime i try to access the map???
>
> projection
> "init=EPSG:23032"
> "proj=utm"
> "ellps=intl"
> "zone=32"
> "north"
> "no_defs"
> END

Anders,

You might want to file a bug in bugzilla.  MapServer shouldn't be crashing.
But I imagine things will work better if you don't use both the "init=EPSG:23032"
*and* a full definition of the projection.  The init= mechanism should
generally be done instead of providing all the parameters.

PS. the init= is case sensitive on unix, so if you want your mapfile to be
portable beyond windows use "init=epsg:23032".

PPS. I tried recreating a crash with a mapfile that had a similar projection
definition to yours but was unable.  If you file a bug make sure you include
sufficient (but minimal) information to reproduce your bug.

Best regards,