[mapserver-users] Re: Transparent outline

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Wed Jul 31 17:15:43 EDT 2002

Sidnei de Souza  writes:
  I think what is really happening is that MapServer is drawing the polygons
always with outline.
  If I specify "outlinecolor -1 -1 -1" or don't specify outlinecolor at all,
it draws the outline with the same color used to fill the polygon.

  We tested the same layer on ArcView and if we ask ArcView to use
outlinecolor = fill color, the result is the same as MapServer. If we ask
ArcView not to use outline, the result is equal to MapObjects.

  Any new ideas on this? Please!

  You could test your hypothesis by changing the 'C" code in mapprimitive.c

  FROM

  void msImageScanline(gdImagePtr im, int x1, int x2, int y, int c)
  {
    int x;

    for(x=x1; x<=x2; x++)
      gdImageSetPixel(im, x, y, c);
  }

  void msImageScanline(gdImagePtr im, int x1, int x2, int y, int c)
  {
    int x;

    for(x=x1+1; x<x2; x++)
      gdImageSetPixel(im, x, y, c);
  }

  Note I am not really sure of all of the ramifications of doing this but

  it should make a good test and if this gives the results that you want

  I will look further into this :-)

  Cheers

  Norman