[mapserver-users] Mapscript/PHP not compatible with PHP4 in D ebian Woody

Paul Baker pbaker at where2getit.com
Thu Jun 6 21:56:37 EDT 2002

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 07:49 PM, Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au wrote:

>> I would put fixing the incompatibility with PHP4's bundled regex a
>> higher priority. Then maybe this. :-)
>
> Since I now compile up a seperate PHP as a CGI for Mapscript pages
> anyway,
> compiling it to use system regex isn't a major drama. My regular PHP
> pages
> continue to use the packaged PHP DSO.

Problem stems from building a Debian package for Mapscript/PHP. It needs
to work with the already existing php4-cgi (that is compiled with the
bundled regex). AFAIK there is no way for me to include a special
php4-cgi binary to go along with the Mapscript/PHP package.

--
Paul Baker

          -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

GPG Key: http://homepage.mac.com/pauljbaker/public.asc