[mapserver-users] Re: PostGIS Layer Bug

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Jun 7 13:53:44 EDT 2002

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Daniel Morissette wrote:
> > FYI there is already compile-time debug support in MapServer:
> >
> Excellent! Are there compelling reasons we do not have runtime support
> for this too?

No good reason except order of priorities I guess... we discussed this
with Dave and Steve back in January and I think we agreed that a debug
flag at the map level would be a good idea, see the full thread at:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/wilma/mapserver-users/0201/msg00195.html

I think it didn't happen yet simply because it was never a high enough
priority for one of us to go ahead and implement this.  Personally I'm
happy with the compile-time debug flag, but I also think that proper
runtime debug support would be a welcome addition (if you volounteer ;)

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca