[mapserver-users] Raster Aerial photos

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Jun 10 12:10:19 EDT 2002

My guess is that your photos use different 256 color palettes. As you add
more and more of them, mapserver has to choose which colors from the photos
to include in its final 256 color palette. Mapserver's choices when
downsampling colors are not notably good.  The short term hack is to try and
recreate all your photoes with exactly the same palette.  The longer term one
is to wait for Frank to finish his 24-bit retrofit, which should kill all
these problems once-and-for-all (hoorah!!).

P.