[mapserver-users] Detailed instructions for MapServer 3.6 on RH7.2

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Jun 10 19:51:13 EDT 2002

Hi,

I have added a page to the Wiki with detailed instructions for setting
up MapServer 3.6 and PHP MapScript on a RH7.2 server, starting from a
brand new box with only the default RH7.2 stuff on it. I had to make
lots of editing to make my notes fit in the Wiki format, so hopefully I
didn't delete or break any of the important stuff:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScriptRH72

I've also tried to include explanations for some of the little quirks,
mostly related to PHP, GD, and Freetype on RH7.x that give all of us
lots of headaches... so users of other Linuxes might find interesting
answers to their questions in there as well.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca