[mapserver-users] WMS getmap request

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 13 10:23:23 EDT 2002

AntleN at DFO-MPO.GC.CA wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  Does anyone know where the images created from a WMS Getmap request are
> stored?  I am currently using WMS Version 1.1.0 and mapserver 3.5.  I have
> checked the temp folder defined in the .map file but no images are being
> created there.
>
> Thanks,
> Natasha

When MapServer is used as a WMS server, no temp file is created... the
image is returned directly to the client via standard output.

When MapServer is used as a WMS client (CONNECTIONTYPE WMS) then the
images downloaded from the remote WMS servers are temporarily stored in
the IMAGEPATH directory and they are deleted as soon as MapServer is
done with them, before the end of the DrawMap() call... that's why you
never see them.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca