[mapserver-users] Suppress warnings, Windows binary

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Jun 13 16:55:27 EDT 2002

"Martin, Daniel" wrote:

> For example, I have a layer whose bounds are limited to a state, but the
> application allows the user to zoom out beyond that state.  If the user does
> so with this layer on, this happens:
>
> Warning 503: Some objects were written outside of the file's predefined
> bounds.
> These objects may have invalid coordinates when the file is reopened.
> Predefined bounds: (-89.107,35.9957)-(-95.7708,40.6133)

I'm pretty sure that this warning is due to a bug in the TAB driver that
was fixed on April 25.  The GDAL 1.1.7 release doesn't include this fix,
it's only present in the latest CVS version of GDAL/OGR.

So you need an executable built with the latest GDAL/OGR from CVS.  I
verified and it seems that the 3.6 binaries on our site at
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/ are using the latest version of
GDAL/OGR so you may want to try that if you're on Windows.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca