[mapserver-users] unique class for each attribute

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu Jun 13 16:55:16 EDT 2002

>Is there a way to read each value of this field...

I just realized the note I sent a while ago doesn't do what you want it to
do... you apparently are not looking to retrieve all of the field names, but
to retrieve all of the unique values of a particular field.

>...or more specifically - create a different class for a common value of
>this field without having to construct a class explicitly giving a name
>from the script or defining a class in the .map file?
>
>I hope I am not confusing anyone, thanks.

I am confused now... I'm not at all sure what you want to do. You could
certainly loop through the dbase and create an array of unique values, and
use that array to define classes on the fly (I assume you could do that)...
but that doesn't sound like what your after either.

Chip