[mapserver-users] ROSA and Z order

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Fri Jun 21 10:37:51 EDT 2002

Zoltan -

I've experienced the same thing, and have never been able to get around it.
I'm not a DHTML guru... so I'll pass along this link which offers a somewhat
plausible explanation:

http://www.echoecho.com/ubb/viewthread.php?tid=175&pid=634#pid634

  "Applets will always be on top of layers

   All active visible content ignores z-index
   values and will be above "normal" content.
   (The one exception from this rule is Flash
   Movies embeded with wmode-setting).

   The only workaround for applets is to position
   the applet itself in a layer, and then turn that
   layer invisible when you need to show something
   on top of it."

Chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Korbai, Zoltan [mailto:korbai.zoltan at axelero.hu]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 4:43 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [mapserver-users] ROSA and Z order

Hi,

I tried to use ROSA applet with a javascript menu.
Unfortunately the menu always above all of things
except the map image. In the menu config I can
set the z order of the menu layer but the menu
always under the map image.
I tried to use <applet style="zIndex:[x];" ...>
but nothing changed.
Does anybody know how can I set ROSA's z order?
Or other ideas?

Thanks,
Zoltan